UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: TTRoberts Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 75381  
Subject: Re: annuity investing Date: 7/28/2000 11:56 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
gnjerr, you asked:

<< I have a 300,000 variable annuity that will expire in Dec. The ins. co. has offered me 2% bonus to maintain control of this money. Plus 10% intrest to DCA this amount, back into sub accounts in the annuity, over a 6 month period. It would be 8% if I did this over a 12 month time period. Any suggestions? >>

Appropriate suggestions can not be make without knowing a LOT more detail about your financial situation, your goals and objectives, what your plans were or are for this annuity, and what the many details are about this particular annuity. What little you've shared leaves a huge vacuum and so, there an be any number of things one might want to do.

The best suggestion I can think of at this point is for you to sit down with your agent and review the these things I've mentioned, in detail, so that you know exactly what your options are and which ones are most appropriate. THEN you can make a good INFORMED decision.

The information you've provided is sketchy and a bit confusing too and I guess we can just assume you've reached the end for the "Surrender Period" as opposed to "expiring". An annuity doesn't "expire". IF . . . what this company is offering is a 1035 exchange into another annuity, you would certainly want to check out what the new "Surrender Period" is going to be and see if that's acceptable as to how you're going to fit this annuity into YOUR comprehensive plan. But as I said, without knowing a lot more, there's no way to know what's going on here or how it might or might not fit into YOUR planning.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

The Retire Early Home Page
Discussion on accelerating retirement day.
Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Mylan Transitioning from Generics
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement