Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: frflyer Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 441182  
Subject: God defined= God confined Date: 6/29/2000 3:14 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1

The reason you are all athiests is because you're idea of God is so limited to begin with. If you only knew. You're limited ideas are no different than those of the dogmatists who you think you are so different than.

"I pervade the universe with a fragment of myself and I remain" Krishna,the Bhagavad Gita

Science? let me show you what one REAL scientist and a few other notables had to say.

"The most beautiful and most profound emotion we can experience is the sensation of the mystical. It is the sower of all true science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer wonder and stand wrapped in awe, is as good as dead. To know that what is impenetrable to us really exists, manifesting itself as the highest wisdom and the most radiant beauty. which our dull faculties can comprehend only in their most primitive forms, this knowledge, this feeling is at the center of true religiousness."
Dr. Albert Einstein

"An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made, in a narrow field."
- Niels Bohr

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"
- Albert Einstein

"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen"
- Albert Einstein

"It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education"
- Albert Einstein

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds"
- Albert Einstein

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious; It is the source of all true art and science"
- Albert Einstein

"We should take care not to make the intellect our god; it has, of course, powerful muscles, but no personality"
- Albert Einstein

"As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain; and as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality"
- Albert Einstein

"Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."
- Albert Einstein

"A human being is a part of the whole called by us universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feeling as something separated from the rest, a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to enhance all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty."
- Albert Einstein

"If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?"
- Albert Einstein

"Love is the triumph of imagination over intelligence."
- H.L. Mencken

"I want to know God's thoughts. The rest are details"
-Albert Einstein

"A fool sees not the same tree that a wise man sees"
---William Blake

"A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices."
-William James

"The important thing is not to stop questioning."
- Albert Einstein

---------------------
So don't be so quick to discard what you don't understand. In doing so, you do the same as the dogmatists, you stop questioning.

Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Nu Skin Showing its Age?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement