UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: agentpreppie Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 37590  
Subject: Godspeed Date: 3/17/2003 11:48 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 158
Godspeed be with all of you. I had hoped it wouldn't come to this but I knew it would. If you're going to be in/over Iraq in the next week or so, tell Saddam I said "Hi" but for God's sake, come back so we can thank you for what you did.

Agent
Print the post Back To Top
Author: AcmeFool Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 15568 of 37590
Subject: Re: Godspeed Date: 3/20/2003 10:40 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 6
I would rec this post 100 times if it would let me. I am not sure I think war is the right step for us at this time...but I will *always* support our troops. They are simply following orders to the best of their abilities. And without them, much of what we take for granted would not be possible.

I'm not a religious person, but I pray for their safety. Come home safe!

ACME

Author: lluviosa One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 15575 of 37590
Subject: Re: Godspeed Date: 3/20/2003 1:24 PM
Recommendations: 5
I am not sure I think war is the right step for us at this time...but I will *always* support our troops.

Both my grandfathers were WWII pilots, my dad flew A-7s off the Enterprise during Vietnam, and my stepbrother is currently an EA-6B Prowler pilot heading east on the Nimitz. I couldn't be prouder of them all.

I am extremely apprehensive about the consequences of this war, but people in our military should be supported, absolutely. I was talking with my dad recently about the difference between now and when he fought in Vietnam. He had quite a few painful experiences at the time (he was actually spat upon in the San Francisco airport when he returned from his second tour). He remarked on how, these days, even the people who protest this war seem to support the people in uniform. If anything positive can be said to have been gained from Vietnam, I think this is it.

My thoughts are with my stepbrother, his squadron, and all our military personnel over there right now. Let's get this done and help these people, but take care and be safe!

Author: First2Fight Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 16266 of 37590
Subject: Re: Godspeed Date: 5/19/2003 3:48 PM
Recommendations: 9
"Godspeed be with all of you. I had hoped it wouldn't come to this but I knew it would. If you're going to be in/over Iraq in the next week or so, tell Saddam I said "Hi" but for God's sake, come back so we can thank you for what you did.

Agent
"

Thanks, Agent. I'm not back yet, in fact I'm writing this from Iraq. Lots of interesting stories from the front, as I'm sure many here will attest to in comming weeks/months. A few highlights of my own though:

My unit, 3D LAR Bn, 1st MarDiv rescued the 7 POWs being held in As Samawah, just South of Tikrit. First thing they asked for? Cigarettes. This was undoubtedly one of the high points of my military carreer.

We were also one of the first units into Tikrit. I had the honor of taking a crap in one of Sadam's many gold rimmed toilets in his palace. This, oddly, was also one of the high points of my military carrer.

Lots more war stories - some of them are even true. Later - when I have the time.

First2Fight
Home agin soon.

Author: CCSand Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 16269 of 37590
Subject: Re: Godspeed Date: 5/19/2003 11:27 PM
Recommendations: 0
First2Fight wrote:

We were also one of the first units into Tikrit. I had the honor of taking a crap in one of Sadam's many gold rimmed toilets in his palace. This, oddly, was also one of the high points of my military carrer.

F2F, you just made my day and caused me to have this HUGE grin on my face!

CCSand

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement