UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: jesserivera67 Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 75402  
Subject: Going after Amex...need help Date: 5/26/2004 12:55 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Last September I decided to join the Fool to gain some insight in the financial world. At the time I was requesting information for my parents regarding an amex financial planner who had convinced them to put all the retirement accounts within an annuity. Expenses were easily over 2%. The responses all of you gave was overwhelming and put me in a state of enlightenment. Serious thank you's to all below...

JAFO31
TheBadger
Mark0Young
FuskieFool
BuildMWell
pauleckler
PosFCF
TTRoberts
babyfrog
yobria

I have a favor to ask all of you. I've kept all of your posts regarding the parents burned saga posted last September. I also have all the transcripts with the Amex guy, tons of articles, two class action lawsuits documentation, a few articles from WSJ, articles posted on the Fool about annuities as well as multiple other sites and books on annuities, and all of your responses.

I've tried to work it out with Amex but they just sent me a letter stating that my complaints were settled by a class action lawsuit a couple of years ago and the cutoff date was 3/1/00. No one told my folks about this, certainly not the amex guy. My parents account was opened in February of 2000 so they're saying tough.

I would like your permission to use your responses in the package I will be sending the NAIC, SEC, NASD, New York Times, WSJ, Washington Post, as well as numerous other newspapers and magazines. I've done a ton of homework on this and think the time is right with all the scandals and all.

I'm also asking for any additional words of wisdom you might have. This may take a year or longer to resolve (or even put all this stuff together for that matter) and most likely won't lead to my desired outcome (move their funds to Vanguard without any surrender fees) but my hope is if I spread the word enough perhaps someone will listen.

TIA...

Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

The Retire Early Home Page
Discussion on accelerating retirement day.
Post of the Day:
TMFDeej's CAPS Blog

Name of the Game: Tax Avoidance
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement