Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: McTwidget One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 259  
Subject: Going private at $6.60? Date: 10/15/2012 10:18 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
There was plenty of talk of this possibility over the past year or so:

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/yongye-international-inc-an...

McT
(long YONG)
Print the post Back To Top
Author: nuijel Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 221 of 259
Subject: Re: Going private at $6.60? Date: 10/15/2012 10:35 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
I have mixed feelings about this. On the one hand, a 40%+ premium is not to be looked down, but on the other hand, the fact that knowledgeable local investors are willing to buy out the company dismisses the shortsellers story that the company profits are bogus. And if the company really churns out $.75 in last quarter's earnings, then $6.6 a share is small change for the value of such an incredible business.

Any idea what happens to small shareholders who don't sell if the company indeed goes private?

Author: mekong22 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Global Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 222 of 259
Subject: Re: Going private at $6.60? Date: 10/15/2012 11:06 AM
Recommendations: 2
Any idea what happens to small shareholders who don't sell if the company indeed goes private?

you won't have a choice if the deal is accepted by the Board's special committee. Your shares will automatically be sold at the offer price when it closes.

You do have a couple options in the meantime. You can definitely write to the Board members who will be deciding whether to accept the buyout offer, Mr. Sean Shao, Mr. Xiaochuan Guo and Mr. Xindan Li and express that you are a shareholder and don't believe the offer is a fair price.

If they accept the offer and you still feel it is too low, you can always join a class action suit but that may significantly delay when you get paid out for your shares.

Author: ricpir Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 223 of 259
Subject: Re: Going private at $6.60? Date: 10/15/2012 11:06 AM
Recommendations: 0
I feel like you, I was waiting with a lot of patience and knowing the great risks involved to sell this one at no less than 12 even if it took a long time.
But there is nothing we can do.
If the deal is aproved and you don't want to sell you will be forced... meaning that when the date comes your broker will "dissapear" your stocks and give you 6.50 or whatever the price of the deal was.

Sorry for my bad english
Ricardo
Uruguay

Author: nuijel Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 224 of 259
Subject: Re: Going private at $6.60? Date: 10/15/2012 11:42 AM
Thanks for the explanation. I didn't know the Board could sell my stock! Sounds at best dubious in terms of governance, considering the buyer is the CEO... but hey, if it is the law, there is not much we can do.

As for your suggestion to contact the Board members, I am confident that these venerable gentlemen do not give a damn what I think about the offer.

Author: QuarkHadron Two stars, 250 posts CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 225 of 259
Subject: Re: Going private at $6.60? Date: 10/15/2012 12:06 PM
The Law Firm of Levi & Korsinsky, LLP Announces Investigation into Possible Breaches of Fiduciary Duty by the Board of Yongye International, Inc. in Connection with the Proposed Sale of the Company to its Chairman and CEO
11:54a ET October 15, 2012 (Business Wire)

Levi & Korsinsky is investigating the Board of Directors of Yongye International, Inc. ("Yongye" or the "Company") (NASDAQ: YONG) for possible breaches of fiduciary duty and other violations of state law in connection with the proposed sale of the Company to a consortium led by its Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Mr. Zishen Wu.

Click here to learn how to join the action: http://zlk.9nl.com/yongye-international-yong, or call: 877-363-5972. There is no cost or obligation to you.

Under the terms of the proposed transaction, Yongye shareholders would receive $6.60 per share in cash. The investigation concerns, among other things, whether the proposed consideration to be paid to Yongye shareholders is unfair, inadequate, and substantially below the fair or inherent value of Yongye. In particular, Yongye stock has a reported book value of $7.64 for the most recent quarter.

If you own common stock in Yongye and wish to obtain additional information, please contact Joseph E. Levi, Esq. either via email at jlevi@zlk.com or by telephone at (212) 363-7500, toll-free: (877) 363-5972, or http://zlk.9nl.com/yongye-international-yong.

Levi & Korsinsky is a national firm with offices in New York and Washington D.C. The firm has extensive expertise in prosecuting securities litigation involving financial fraud, representing investors throughout the nation in securities and shareholder lawsuits. The attorneys at Levi & Korsinsky have been appointed by numerous courts throughout the country to serve as lead counsel on behalf of shareholders in major securities lawsuits and have successfully recovered multimillion-dollar damages awards on behalf of investors. For more information, please feel free to contact any of the attorneys listed below. Attorney advertising. Prior results do not guarantee similar outcomes.

SOURCE: Levi & Korsinsky, LLP

Levi & Korsinsky, LLP
Joseph Levi, Esq.
Eduard Korsinsky, Esq.
Tel: 212-363-7500
Toll Free: 877-363-5972
Fax: 212-363-7171
www.zlk.com

Author: nuijel Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 226 of 259
Subject: Re: Going private at $6.60? Date: 10/15/2012 12:28 PM
M Levy, your investigation seems to the point, but isn't it early to speak of a fiduciary breach by the board before the board has even answered the proposal?

Author: mekong22 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Global Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 227 of 259
Subject: Re: Going private at $6.60? Date: 10/15/2012 3:25 PM
To express your displeasure with the low go private offer, you should be contacting the Board's Special Committee, Mr. Sean Shao, Mr. Xiaochuan Guo and Mr. Xindan Li, who will be evaluating the offer. Explain that you are a shareholder and remind them that it is their fiduciary duty to act in the shareholder's interests. Explain why you think the price is way too low. Make sure you request that they have a majority of the minority shareholder vote IF they do accept any go private offer. Obviously keep it professional and concise. Remember, the Board works for us, the shareholders. I can guarantee that all correspondence will be reviewed by them and legal counsel.

I believe that the best way to contact the special committee is to write them at the company's corporate headquarters, and cc a copy to their legal counsel, Cleary Gottlieb, Steen & Hamilton LLP. Use the address from today's press release where the proposal letter was sent

Special Committee of The Board of Directors of
Yongye International, Inc.
6th Floor, Suite 608, Xue Yuan International Tower
No. 1 Zhichun Road, Haidian District
Beijing, China

Cleary Gottlieb, Steen & Hamilton LLP
Twin Towers - West (23Fl)
12 B Jianguomen Wai Da Jie
Chaoyang District
Beijing 100022

Also might not be a bad idea to scan a signed copy and also email it to investor relations ir@yongyeintl.com and request that they forward it to the committee members and legal counsel.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement