Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (50) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: beccapooka Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 57302  
Subject: GOLD MEDAL EXTRAVAGANZA Date: 8/15/2000 7:47 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

HIP HIP HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH HELEN!

Helen, if you would, please come up here, front and center.

It fills me with pride and honor to present to you the Official TMF Quitting Smoking GOLD MEDAL for ONE YEAR SMOBER! Wear it with pride in your tremendous accomplishment. I know that all around, this hasn't been the easiest of years for you. What a time to quit smoking! BUT YOU DID IT! You beat Ms. Nico! You squashed Cruella! You are proof that ANYONE can quit, no matter the circumstances.

For you, I have gone all out with the accomadations. This place is called the Elm Wood Country Club Resort and Palace. There are two main building, the country club bulding, and the palace. We each have a delux suite in the palace, a gorgeous building! On the main floor, there is a dining room and formal ball room, where we will be spending this evening.

Among the other accomadations we have access to during our stay (everyone must be checked out by noon Friday) are horse riding and/or lessons, 7 PGA golf courses, fitness centers, indoor and outdoor heated pools, room service, breakfast, lunch, and dinner menus (several buffets after tonights big sit-down meal), and limosine shuttle service from the country club building to the palace. There are also dry cleaning and laundry services available.

Each evening there will be a different band in either the formal ball room of the palace or the country club dancing facilities. Be sure to deposit the loaner jewelry in the safe and it will be returned by the matre d' tomorrow afternoon.

And now for the best part! As big as this Palace/ Country Club/ Resort is, I actually booked a good number of rooms. The other rooms are booked by just one other group, and you guys will never belive this! There is a national convention of lawers here! So, all of you unattached ladies (Helen!) when you see those well dressed attractive gentlemen in the corridors, that's who they are. I understand that this convention is one of prestige, and while there are several young rookies, most are well established in their careers.

So, here we are! I know that this party is going to be a blast! I've left nothing to chance!

Helen, I do hope that you'll make a speech today, as we would all love to hear your feelings on the great day! You be sure to enjoy the luxery of it all! And if there is anything that is unacceptable to you, you just let me know! The staff here were told to wait on you as though you were the Queen! You're the best, You deserve it.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH HELEN!!!!!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

ONE YEAR SMOBER! AND THE BEST PARTY OF THE YEAR!

Rebecca
Eleven months, one week, three days, 13 hours, 55 minutes and 58 seconds. 10367 cigarettes not smoked, saving $1,347.76. Life saved: 5 weeks, 23 hours, 55 minutes.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (50) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement