UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Monkeylawyer Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 736840  
Subject: Golfwaymore Date: 2/7/2002 8:47 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
Hey,

I didn't mean to personally attack you, and I hope you didn't take it that way, I just would hate for people to rely on your advice and then get into trouble. All I meant was that people should get their own tax adviser before they go creating LLCs or corporations becase it's really a bit more difficult than you made it sound.

ML
Print the post Back To Top
Author: golfwaymore Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 61830 of 736840
Subject: Re: Golfwaymore Date: 2/7/2002 9:42 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 34
Hey,

I didn't mean to personally attack you, and I hope you didn't take it that way, I just would hate for people to rely on your advice and then get into trouble. All I meant was that people should get their own tax adviser before they go creating LLCs or corporations becase it's really a bit more difficult than you made it sound.

ML

Monkeylawyer,

I did take it that way, and still see it that way.

We often disagree on this board, yours is not respectful disagreement. You refuted everything I stated, of which your assertions are incorrect. The only validation offered is that you happen to be sitting in a business class. Big deal.

Stating that people should see a tax advisor is mastery of the obvious.

I soley or in part created 9 corporations through the 90's. Creating an LLC or corporation is not difficult; $500, a monkey, and a lawyer can accomplish such in a couple of hours.

Golfwaymore

Author: Monkeylawyer Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 61831 of 736840
Subject: Re: Golfwaymore Date: 2/7/2002 9:49 PM
Recommendations: 4
OK, I don't really care, be mad at me if you want to. If I get bored later I may go through everything you said and point out where you were wrong (and trust me, some [not all] of the stuff you said was dead wrong), but suffice it to say that creating a bunch of corporations and learning the law (both state and tax) about them are two different things, my friend.

ML

Author: IndexingInvestor Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 61834 of 736840
Subject: Re: Golfwaymore Date: 2/7/2002 10:04 PM
Recommendations: 7
<hides under jester cap in corner>

The thing that makes Motley Fool great is that people from many different life experiences contribute to this board. Ones experience is no less or more important than the other.

Author: SeattlePioneer Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 61854 of 736840
Subject: Re: Golfwaymore Date: 2/8/2002 5:15 AM
Recommendations: 27
<<OK, I don't really care, be mad at me if you want to. If I get bored later I may go through everything you said and point out where you were wrong (and trust me, some [not all] of the stuff you said was dead wrong), but suffice it to say that creating a bunch of corporations and learning the law (both state and tax) about them are two different things, my friend.

ML >>

That's no doubt true. And I understand that you are in law school, planning to become a tax attorney.

But Golfwaymore has something that will still take you many years to acquire, the experience of actually managing businesses and making them work. And making a life work. Golf has had the ability and perhaps the wisdom to retire early and be able to devote his time to enjoying his family while they are growing up, when many tax lawyers are working way too much trying to keep up with the IRS and the Jones's.

No one is going to run out and start forming corporations without carefully considering good legal reasons for doing so. Golf's suggestions might motivate some to reconsider their form of business organization, which might be all to the good. In short, his advice will serve a useful purpose in my opinion, and is unlikely to do anyone any harm.

Seattle Pioneer, Schedule "C" filer

Author: jbisme Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 61899 of 736840
Subject: Re: Golfwaymore Date: 2/8/2002 5:07 PM
Recommendations: 6
I soley or in part created 9 corporations through the 90's. Creating an LLC or corporation is not difficult; $500, a monkey, and a lawyer can accomplish such in a couple of hours.

Golfwaymore

And the lawyer is optional.

:P

JB

Author: Commodore64 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 61904 of 736840
Subject: Re: Golfwaymore Date: 2/8/2002 6:27 PM
Recommendations: 8
"Creating an LLC or corporation is not difficult; $500, a monkey, and a lawyer can accomplish such in a couple of hours. "

If you have a monkey, wouldn't the lawyer be redundant?

jb

...not violating my pledge of "no more lawyer bashing", I'm just curious...

Author: salaryguru Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 61912 of 736840
Subject: Re: Golfwaymore Date: 2/8/2002 11:21 PM
Recommendations: 3
Creating an LLC or corporation is not difficult; $500, a monkey, and a lawyer can accomplish such in a couple of hours.

The $500 is okay and I don't mind the monkey. But I have spend a couple of hours with a lawyer, it's not worth it. <grin>

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement