Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Good advice. Contribute to get the maximum company match in a 401(k) no matter what. However, it can get a little fuzzy from here. I agree a Roth is a good idea for most workers if they have up to $2000 in after-tax dollars to invest. If you want to invest even more tax-deferred, you'll need to make sure you're eligible to contribute to a traditional IRA despite being in a 401(k), (income under $41K single or $61K married-jt return). Otherwise, you'll have to use the 401(k) for all the tax deferred contributions.

Print the post  


When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.