UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: robjankus Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 308881  
Subject: Good Article Date: 10/23/2001 10:10 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 26
As many of us are paying down our CC debt... The CC company's are depending more and more on fees...

http://yahoo.smartmoney.com/nowwhat/index.cfm?story=20011022&afl=myyahoo

-Rob
Print the post Back To Top
Author: randypj Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 95737 of 308881
Subject: Re: Good Article Date: 10/23/2001 4:25 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Nice find Rob. Thanks.

Yes, I still consider many of their tactics predatory.

"So while it used to be that fees were applied to keep you on the straight and narrow, credit-card companies are now financially dependent on your breaking their rules — and paying the price. "It's a fact that they are tacking on new fees and more expensive fees," says Travis Plunkett, legislative director for the Consumer Federation of America. "Income from fees has become much more important for profitability.

"Believe it or not, many credit-card companies will periodically review your credit report looking for late payments on other cards, according to findings from the 2001 Credit Card Survey by Consumer Action (a nonprofit consumer-advocacy group). Why? Because it's an opportunity to raise the interest rate on their card, perhaps by a dramatic amount."
--Randy

Author: jsn7 Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 95744 of 308881
Subject: Re: Good Article Date: 10/23/2001 5:17 PM
Recommendations: 0
Yes, it is a good article.
I also wonder how much cc companies are losing due to those 2 cruise lines filing bk? If you bought your vacation on a credit card you have 60 days to request a merchant chargeback. Another site I haunt has had a couple of posts from people who have done that in the past few days.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement