Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Mar2319 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 4  
Subject: Good drip nomination Date: 7/10/2000 2:51 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Does anyone have any thoughts on Quaker Chemical Co. as an addition to a drip portfolio? Their last dividend was .195 a share. With a price in the $15-17 the reinvestment sounds great. The inventory to sales ratio is low. One of their specialty chemicals (hydrofloric acid) is used for etching circuit boards & production of semi-conductors & picture tubes. The 20% growth rate sounds like a healthy turtle which is better than a burned out rabbit.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Zaneyjaney Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4 of 4
Subject: Re: Good drip nomination Date: 12/24/2010 10:59 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I realize this is a looooooong overdue reply -- what, 10 years or so? Anyway, I thought I'd get something a little more recent on SA's boards about my absolute best performer. If hindsight is 20-20, then I did all right for one of my first stock picks. Up 500% in under 2 years, I'd say they're healthy, and no turtle. And their divvy is great too.

Thanks to my Dad for rec'ing it to me. They're a company from my hometown, and I went with what I knew. Beginner's luck, I suppose, but I'll take it any way I get it!

Now I let SA do much of the hard work on the due diligence for me. I'm trying to keep pace with the Fool brothers' track record. I'm a long way from that goal, but I started in this game just shy of 2 years ago. Along the way, I have learned a lot, and had fun doing it, too.

An (obvious) observation I have made -- it's fun making money! Fool on!

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement