UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (33) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: TMFSpirit Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 665  
Subject: Re: law, using it to correct your credit report Date: 2/20/2000 11:27 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 7
Good evening Greg,

You asked: Where does one sign-up for empathy lessons? You can sign up with me. I host a daily chat on AOL that provides empathy for investors when the stock market is down. :)

You said; I said, "Automobiles are not essential. If you do not have public transportation, you are living in an area too luxurious for your income."

While that can be very true, you must not forget that in cities like Los Angeles construction workers and millions of other workers must have their own transportation to get to work. I guess folks could car pool a lot more in areas where public transportation wasn't available.

Was there something unclear about that? Perhaps you would not consider living in a rural area a luxury. Some people think, mistakenly, that they just HAVE to "live in the country." They may live in a ramshackle building, but in a low-density area with room to "stretch out"-- but with no access to low-cost public services-- which is a luxury.

Greg many folks were born and raised in rural areas and most of them sure don't consider that a luxury. They may have been born in that ramshackle building you mentioned too.

It is common for people to think that they absolutely must have an automobile to exist, or to place themselves in a situation in which they must-- a convenient excuse for justifying the luxury.

Greg, well you have to remember....we have been bombarded by Detroit telling us that we must own our own car to be independent for more than 60 years...guess all those ads sunk deeply into the American conscience. And don't forget the car replaced the family horse and carriage.

I would like to thank you for starting this thread on "law, using it to correct your credit report" and for providing us with such useful links to find additional information.

Keep Foolish with your investments and Prosper,

Spirit

PS: The Market is closed Monday in honor of President's Day. Some states celebrate George Washington's Birthday, while others add in Abraham Lincoln's Birthday, too! Let's honor all American presidents by taking this Presidents' Day quiz just go to: http://dobhran.snap.com/greetings/GRpresidents.htm

Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (33) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Not Cheering the Shire Deal
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement