Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: BudTuba One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 19371  
Subject: Good Friday is April Fools Day? Date: 4/21/2000 3:56 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Today I had my usual leasurely breakfast and went to the computer to see how things were faring. I use a site called StockSmart.com for company research and market tracking purposes. Much to my surprise the prices being quoted were still for last night's closing, so I found the help desk phone number and called to report the problem. The fellow answering said he would log on to see if it were a system problem. "Hey man," he said, "it's not working here either. I'll get right on it and have someone jumpstart the system."

After waiting a while to see if it came back up with current information, I decided to give up the ghost. When I returned downstairs to the kitchen, my wife asked me how the stocks were doing. "Heck, they haven't even changed since last night. I think the website has a problem, and I reported it to them."

"Congratulations" she said. "I didn't think anybody was working on Good Friday."

Dauh..h..hh.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: dflint01 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3627 of 19371
Subject: Re: Good Friday is April Fools Day? Date: 4/21/2000 4:55 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Perhaps, Good Friday is a day to give thanks to the Almighty for all we Fools have going for us! Praise the Lord!

Author: jangle1 Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3750 of 19371
Subject: Re: Good Friday is April Fools Day? Date: 4/27/2000 10:36 PM
Recommendations: 0
amen to that

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement