Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: davidr101 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 129  
Subject: Re: Foolish Investment or fool's money? Date: 5/3/2005 12:41 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Good going, Lady.

I wanted to have my position established the day before the shakeout gyrations happen, so my full position is at $8.55.

This is one of the finest little companies I have ever seen, and the reason it has been doing what it has been doing, (i.e. taking you to the cleaners) is because it went up too far, too fast. The Elephants bought this one at one dollar 5 years ago, and their profit was in the 1500% range at the top of this stock's movement.

Now the time is ripe, the shorters are waiting for that poor earnings report, and you and I bought a bunch. What is really funny about the scenario which will be playing out for you over the rest of this week is the fact that the earnings report is immaterial.

This little fact seems to escape the Fundamentalists. Please write this down, because you heard it first here, before the fact. THE EARNINGS REPORT IS IMMATERIAL.

The reason the stock is going up after tomorrow is inherent in its good management, its product line, its fundamental profitablity, and its chart.

The only way this stock is going South from this position is if they all of a sudden announced that they had put 5 million shares on the tables in Vegas, acquired 5 billion in debt, and were no longer selling anything at all.

You are really, really, going to enjoy this week.

Dave Knecht
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Managing Your Wealth
Our own TMFHockeypop from Rule Your Retirement fame on the TV show Managing Your Wealth.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Smuggling Rice and Garlic
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement