Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
Good luck with your hunting. This all part of the fun of genealogy.

I once spent days sorting out a William Knapp (often called Old Knapp) only to discover that he was not an ancestor. However, it turned out that his sister was an ancestress, which made me feel better.

A little while later there was a conversation on Ancestry where someone said that she didn't think William Knapp and Nicholas Knapp were brothers, and I said they weren't, and gave the background as much as I could (I went back as far as different grandfathers) and told them which books and major sources I had used.

Several people were extremely grateful, and said so. Handing on information that helps others can be a cause for much happiness.

Nancy
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement