UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (18) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: mifamilia0 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 308519  
Subject: Re: Unemployment Debt Date: 3/19/2008 11:41 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 7
Good Morning Folks,
I sincerely appreciate all your advice and want to update you on my tasks thus far. Determinedmom, your plan is what I was thinking I should do, but DH resists this and feels we should keep borrowing until we are no longer able & then look at returning the car, not paying on cards, etc. Xtn, I really appreciate the 'Soldier' attitude, but am having difficulty communicating the urgency of the situation to my family. You are exactly right, I am being called to lead at this point. I am trying to do so without creating a permanent rift in our relationship.
dswing, I said *I* made the poor choices because I allowed DH's values & choices regarding *our* money. Our relationship is strong but we disagree on this point, which will either tear us apart or make us stronger in the end. The main argument is why bother to reduce expenses by nickels & dimes when we are so far behind and that we should maintain good credit as long as possible, although we are borrowing to do so. I keep saying that we have got to make some difficult decisions to dig out of this.

After several discussions, this is where I am:
Phone & Internet reduced by 40
car insurance reduced by 60
security system off- save 32
gym off- save 81
fast food none-save 150
game fee off-save 20

I know this is only 383$ lower, but the victory here is that we have begun. We have discussed getting rid of the car with payment. I'm not sure what the outcome will be. Student loan is already deferred, we are not paying on it; it belongs to DH.
Mary Anna, I will call the Visa companies this afternoon, thanks for outlining how you did that!
Thanks again to everyone who responded & I will post again soon to let you know what my final budget for April looks like. Oh, and I am working more OT. IF they let me work enough hours, I can actually make more than an extra job.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (18) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

TMF Credit Center
The Motley Fool Credit Center arms you with real tools and simple messages, that will help you in every credit situation.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

U.S. Stable, Europe Stalling
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement