UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: JediGALT Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 737077  
Subject: Good news for PA Leftists Date: 10/7/2012 11:03 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Chavez seems to have "won" the election.

JediG
Print the post Back To Top
Author: decath Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 647706 of 737077
Subject: Re: Good news for PA Leftists Date: 10/8/2012 3:56 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 8
Not hard when you do this:

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/chavez-election-victory-pave...

Critics of Chavez accused him of paving the way for victory by using oil revenues to buy support through social spending and patronage, through intimidation tactics, and by manipulating and monopolizing the media.

“Chavez has denied access to international election monitors, employed last minute ballot changes, controlled the judicial system, harassed independent journalists, and consolidated his power to manipulate the vote in his favor,” Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen (R-Fla.), chairman of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, said late Sunday in a statement calling his re-election “unfortunate.”

With the media turning a blind eye to the Democratic Party's corruption, this is a future coming to America soon.

decath

Author: twopairfullhouse Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 647827 of 737077
Subject: Re: Good news for PA Leftists Date: 10/9/2012 9:43 AM
With the media turning a blind eye to the Democratic Party's corruption, this is a future coming to America soon.

Well, the question is what level of corruption will the media tolerate before blowing the whistle on Democrats? Given the bald-faced lie by the Administration on the Benghazi attack, and the media's complete lack of curiosity about what really happened, I can't say I'm encouraged about our media's willingness to even slow our decline to Chavez-like levels of corruption.

But there is hope. When Republicans are in the White House, investigative journalism miraculously comes back to life. Sorta like zombies, but hey, we'll take what we can get.

Author: JediGALT Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 647837 of 737077
Subject: Re: Good news for PA Leftists Date: 10/9/2012 10:10 AM
Recommendations: 1
It's not just the media, it's the citizenry.

And we're a stoopid citizenry, sorry.

For instance, for so long, foreign interests have influenced our politicians. Maybe not by outright bribes, but via Presidential Library donations, thru multinational corporations, hiring ex-U.S government trade negotiators, foreign lobbies, etc.

And as America, be it industry or foreign policy sees itself more and more under the control of anyone from China, Israel, Mexico, whatever.......the rabbits which are us gleefully line up behind FOX or MSNBC, and somehow overlook this stuff.

I don't doubt that Liberals own the media. I don't doubt that Obama and the Liberal way of doing elections is closer to the 3rd world than we've seen in America in a long time.

But I still believe that in America, as long as people have gas in our car and beer money, most of us will be clueless as to the sellout that as taken place ....courtesy of BOTH parties. Clinton, Bush, Obama, they've all dipped their pens into sorry inks, be it China, Saudi, Vietnam, Mexico's PRI party, you name it.

Yet Libs are happy to "work with the world" and Cons are happy for "free trade",,,trouble is, we've embraced what our masters have taught us not as policy, but as religion.

In other news, lets congratulate the Chinese on the increasing space and military spending they can do. Wonder who helped them get that money? And then let's go thru old industry towns, see our American families that used to be proud, now working check-to-check and seeing family units deteriorate.

But hey, it's progress. Earnings per share were up. And other countries benefit too. And our stuff is cheaper!

jediG

Author: twopairfullhouse Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 647853 of 737077
Subject: Re: Good news for PA Leftists Date: 10/9/2012 11:35 AM
Recommendations: 2
I agree with much of what you say, including the fact that Americans are more stoopid and complacent than we should be. But some of this is the price we pay for freedom. People are free to be idiots and make bad choices.

What's missing from the other pan in the balance is accountability. Bad decisions, both at the macro and micro level, should be punished. Those bad decisions that aren't punished end up distorting the whole system, whether they be welfare cheats, tax cheats or jackwagons that run companies like Enron.

Obama's made tons of bad decisions, both here and abroad. Let's hope he's held accountable for those by a majority of voters. The media is doing everything they can to cover for him.

Author: CCinOC Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 647909 of 737077
Subject: Re: Good news for PA Leftists Date: 10/9/2012 2:51 PM
twopairfullhouse wrote: When Republicans are in the White House, investigative journalism miraculously comes back to life.

As well it should. Uncovering corruption is journalism's J-O-B.

I hope, when/if such corruption is uncovered, a Romney administration unflinchingly deals with it.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement