UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: whineluvr One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 308470  
Subject: Good news...I hope! Date: 4/29/1998 10:25 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I posted a message awhile back regarding my nightmare with Advanta.

The saga continues...I came home one night to find 2 messages from customer service saying "call us immediately". Lo and behold, I actually got to speak to a live person! I explained to her all of my problems (too numerous to mention here) and she was very attentive, nice even, especially when I mentioned the violations Advanta had made in respect to the Fair Credit Billing Act (no statement for 3 billing cycles). The major problem was the interest rate on the account. The promised 5.9% for 9 months had been mysteriously increased to 13.99% since day 1 of the account. Well, she fixed this, made it retroactive to day 1 and reversed all the late charges that had been posted in error. A total correction of $143.18!

Yes, Fools, I did get her name and direct extension in case these corrections don't show up on my next statement.

Moral of the story: Know the laws and the rights they provide to the consumer. Customer service departments pay more attention to an informed consumer.

Christine
Print the post Back To Top
Author: TMFJedi Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1289 of 308470
Subject: Re: Good news...I hope! Date: 4/29/1998 11:34 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
<<Well, she
fixed this, made it retroactive to day 1 and reversed all the late charges that had been posted in
error. A total correction of $143.18!

Yes, Fools, I did get her name and direct extension in case these corrections don't show up on my
next statement.

Moral of the story: Know the laws and the rights they provide to the consumer. Customer service
departments pay more attention to an informed consumer.>>

WOO HOO!

Good work and CONGRATS!

Tres Foolish.

Kaiti
Jedi in orbit

Author: TMF2Aruba Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1291 of 308470
Subject: Re: Good news...I hope! Date: 4/29/1998 5:39 PM
Christine! Way to go!

You're Foolish post is a testament to what Fools always need to do. It's imperative that people always get the name of the rep they speak with, and most of all, never let go when you feel you've been treated unjustly.

Too many people will give up easily, and imo, that's what a lot of companies count on.

Congratulations on getting things cleared up! : )

Tony
...but I still am...

Off2Aruba

Author: TMF2Aruba Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1292 of 308470
Subject: Re: Good news...I hope! Date: 4/29/1998 5:47 PM
<<You're Foolish post is a testament to what Fools always need to do.>>

Jeepers! I got so excited from your post that I instantly became grammatically challenged!

That should've read: "Your", not "You're".

Tony
...but I still am...

Off2Aruba

Author: TWinn Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1293 of 308470
Subject: Re: Good news...I hope! Date: 4/29/1998 7:29 PM
Before I discovered this board, I had already applied for and authorized a balance transfer to Advanta for an introductory rate of 4.9%. You can imagine my fear when I read all of the posts. One thing mentioned was that no one could get the 4.9% rate in writing.

I read my agreement very carefully when it came in and the introductory rate was in writing along with the expiration date. So read those things very very carefully.

Another quirk. I re-read my application for the card and it states that by signing it you agree to all of the terms in the credit agreement that will be mailed with the card. THEY EXPECT YOU TO AGREE TO A CONTRACT YOU'VE NEVER READ!

Consumer Beware!

Author: Bottles Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1301 of 308470
Subject: Re: Good news...I hope! Date: 4/30/1998 12:13 PM
<<Well, she fixed this, made it retroactive to day 1 and reversed all the late charges that had been posted in error. A total correction of $143.18! >>

Congratulations!!! That is 143.18 Closer to being out of debt for the mere aggrivation of dealing with annoying ppl. You earned it :)

<<Moral of the story: Know the laws and the rights they provide to the consumer. Customer service departments pay more attention to an informed consumer.>>

Couldnt be said any better!

Bottles

Rob

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement