Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: AveBone One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 97  
Subject: Re: HELLLOOOOOOO!!!! Date: 4/1/2004 11:18 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Good point, Here's what I think.....

I have been a Jack in the Box fan since I was a kid and am still a fan. JBX is a great company simply because they are safe and keep me calm when my other companies are all over the place. JBX has said for years that they are commited to growth however slow and steady,(Sounds like a familiar Aesop Fable to me). Anyway, JBX is a much better investment IMO than MCD or WEN in that JBX has so much more room to grow. I mean, Im in Chicago and the closest I beleive they are is in Nashville, TN!!!! Whereas, MCD and WEN are everywhere.

JBX is also always trying new things. Right now they just opened up two new restaurants in San Diego that are completely different than any JBX out there, I love this type of thinking by managment because it shows that they are trying to come up with new ideas for growth. Sure, as I stated earlier they have a ton of room to still grow but what makes me smile even more is that they want to expand, not only the fast food restaurants, but they are thinking of ways to expand new ideas. The food is another place that they like to try and switch around. Unlike MCD where you know what is on the menu everytime you show up, JBX has different items on the menu every other month, sometimes sooner. They are also involved in integrating the fast food restaurant into highway truck stops. Great idea if you ask me but I honestly haven't heard much about that idea in a while.

JBX is my safe bet. They are commited to slow and steady growth while trying new things, this keeps the consumer interested in their product and its a damn good product if you ask me (mmmm...supreme croissant...my favorite).

This is from Reuters:

San Diego-based Jack in the Box boosted its earnings to a range of 42 cents to 44 cents per share for the second quarter ending April 11, from 28 cents. The year-earlier profit was 44 cents a share.

Jack in the Box also estimated second-quarter same-store sales would be up 7.5 percent, above its earlier forecast ranging from 4 percent to 4.5 percent. The company recently launched several sandwiches and is evaluating a new restaurant concept that features an upgraded menu and new decorations.

Based on the earning report that came out today and banking on an even better earnings report on May 12, I can see the stock to be right up there with the big boys at $35-$40/share. It could possibly be higher and I'll tell you what, I'll be right there with them :)!!!!

-Ave

P.S. Going to Vegas next week!! I'll finally be able to have a Supreme Croissant again since JBX has yet to find a home in Chicago!!!
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Looking at Currency Ratios
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement