UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: somanycats Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 22  
Subject: Good returns, but out of favor Date: 5/11/2000 12:18 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
This looks like a good thing to buy--high return, good management, good balance between established companies and smaller outfits.

So why does it struggle to break back above 16?
Print the post Back To Top
Author: jerseygold Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 5 of 22
Subject: Re: Good returns, but out of favor Date: 5/11/2000 11:15 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
I got my dad into this last year for income & he is happy with the returns. 1yr 6.19% ytd 8.21% 5yr26.34% ( when it hit 20 this year I told him take the money & run! He is more of a long term invester & is still holding) It pays out each quarter about .44.5ct per sh. & has lots of biotech holdings....AL

Author: MCDUFF Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7 of 22
Subject: Re: Good returns, but out of favor Date: 10/12/2000 4:30 PM
This is a great closed end fund. The reason it doesn't go up a lot is because it must pay out 10% of the NAV each year. I have held this for years and it has been a great investment. If you like this, here are two more you should look at. USA also pays out 10% of NAV each year. They both sell at a discount. One more is PEO. Look them over I have made money for years in all three.
ED

Author: jerseygold Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 8 of 22
Subject: Re: Good returns, but out of favor Date: 11/28/2000 11:04 PM
Recommendations: 1
MCDUFF, I have PEO and have just invested in XLU and XLP.....AL

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement