UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Masworth Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 3687  
Subject: Good Software Date: 11/18/2010 7:11 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Hello. Does anybody have any suggestions for a good investment management software, other than Quicken or Money?

I am actually looking for something a little more specialized and sophisticated, that would allow me to do all or most of the following:
1. track investments in international markets and in multiple currencies
2. track cash positions
3. support short positions
4. support for options, bonds and futures
5. support for options on commodities futures
6. price data update online (via Yahoo! Finance or other)
7. support for multiple portfolios
8. keep records of all transactions (even of closed positions)
9. keep records of realized gains or losses
10. allows you to import/export data
11. generate reports and graphs
12. password protected

I have been looking long and hard and I have yet to find a single non-institutional solution that can do all this. I have tried demo versions of Investor's Accountant, Stock Market Eye, Investment Account Manager, etc.

Please, if anybody knows of a vendor that at least comes close to meeting my needs, please let me know!

Fool on!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Iamnobody Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3629 of 3687
Subject: Re: Good Software Date: 12/1/2010 8:15 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Have a look at Fund manager by Beiley Software

Author: nrlbuild Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3630 of 3687
Subject: Re: Good Software Date: 12/20/2010 8:15 PM
I have looked for years for such software...I do not think it exists.

It seems to me that most people who really want to do this make their own spread sheets in excel...running macros. Way over my head or time allotment.

Too bad no one can put this together and make a business of it, I would probably pay a reasonable fee for such software...even an annual fee.

Ned

Author: frostykev Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3631 of 3687
Subject: Re: Good Software Date: 1/8/2011 1:05 AM
Iamnobody, have you used the Beiley software? I'm considering it, as I have found nothing that will do what I want. Most of my excel efforts have failed.

How has it worked for you?
Does it do well with options?
What works well and what doesn't work?

Author: Iamnobody Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3632 of 3687
Subject: Re: Good Software Date: 1/8/2011 11:59 AM
It works well for me. They have a free trail period so best advise is give it a try.

Author: Eudemonic Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3635 of 3687
Subject: Re: Good Software Date: 4/25/2011 4:10 PM
Here is a list of Open Source Software. Scroll to the Finance section.
This may help. I've not tried any of them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_open_source_software_pa...

Best of luck

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement