Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: maccord Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 19  
Subject: good?bad?what? Date: 6/17/1998 1:38 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
any shareholders out there who would like to give their feelings on this stock? i am thinking of investing and am looking for few opinions.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: yumacpa One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3 of 19
Subject: Re: good?bad?what? Date: 6/29/1998 8:45 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
my two cents (worth nothing)

WPS like most utilities are like a CD. Your hoping for 5-6% return on them. Anything more is bonus. WPS is financially stable with good dividends ($1.94 a share or about 6%) As far as news about the company, I read in value that there is an issue with one of their nuclear plants. WPS wants to replace the steam generators at a cost of 80 to 90 million. It has to be approved by a commission and by the plants other two owners. These other two owners have not expressed an "willingness to proceed with the replacement." Just an FYI.

Author: dpetri One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4 of 19
Subject: Re: good?bad?what? Date: 7/5/1998 11:28 PM
Hi

WPS has agreed to buy out Madison Gas and Electrics share of the nuclear plant. WPS and its other partner will replace the steam generators. That's all the information I have now. The company looks good. I've been in it for a year now.

Den

Author: rakjr Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 8 of 19
Subject: Re: good?bad?what? Date: 1/20/1999 11:58 PM
any shareholders out there who would like to give their feelings on this stock? i am thinking of investing and am looking for few opinions.
-------
RESPONS:
THEY HAVE A GOOD STOCK INVESTMENT PLAN (DRIP).
$100.00 WILL GET YOU STARTED. AFTER THAT THERE IS A
$25 MINIMUM WHEN YOU DO SEND MORE $, AND A 100K MAX
A YEAR. THEY EVEN SEND YOU A SASE WITH YOUR ACCOUNT
STATEMENT.

Author: Marty109 Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10 of 19
Subject: Re: good?bad?what? Date: 7/9/1999 8:43 PM
We have this as an investment for one of our sons. It is a great way to get started, and the future looks good.

Author: Xiphias One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 16 of 19
Subject: Re: good?bad?what? Date: 11/29/2000 9:35 AM
WPS is a well-managed company. It is on the leading edge re turbine windmill driven electricity. The yield is about the highest you will see (approx. > 6%). It is probably a safe long term investment, but its history shows modest stock appreciation. It has been a superb peformer in 2000, but most likely has topped out at its current price.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement