Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: szhebu One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 44593  
Subject: Goodbye now Date: 2/13/2002 5:10 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 15
Today is the last day the community is free, say goodbye to freedom...:-)

No kidding, I use discussion boards and the usenet since the 80´s. The idea is to ask questions and answer questions, to help and to get help. I can see no reason for an additional payment.

Why they charge for the articles other members write for free while the fool articles written by paid stuff are to some degree freely available?

If the fool has to go that far, the two year promise is probably not worth anything, as the whole thing may disappear soon.

Cheers...Urs

Print the post Back To Top
Author: leonjohnson49 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 11533 of 44593
Subject: Re: Goodbye now Date: 2/13/2002 9:01 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1

Charging a fee for a message board is akin to taking out a gun, pointing at your foot, and firing.

The only people that will be here tomorrow are those who were given a free subscription. Anyone who did use these boards, but wasn't given a free subscription, is now offended, and gone. Just watch.

Or rather, don't watch as the fool finds out what internet companies found out after March 2000, there are no profits for this type of business model.

Bue, bye Fool.

Author: Raybear Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 11537 of 44593
Subject: Re: Goodbye now Date: 2/14/2002 8:40 AM
Recommendations: 0
True, there are no profits, for a free business model. I'm willing to pay for a magazine subscription, why not the Fool?

Author: edMulroy Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 11539 of 44593
Subject: Re: Goodbye now Date: 2/14/2002 10:29 AM
Recommendations: 5
"No kidding, I use discussion boards and the usenet since the 80´s. The idea is to ask questions and answer questions, to help and to get help. I can see no reason for an additional payment"

You like misc.invest.stocks? Do you think reading about K-waves and how someone finally figured out that companies manage earnings compares to what you see on the Motley Fool boards?

Good luck with your adventures in newsgroups, and if it's not as useful as you remember, I'll be happy to welcome you back when you return.

. Ed

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement