UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (17) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: cjb44 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1960435  
Subject: Goodbye Twinkies? Date: 11/15/2012 3:19 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
If we lose Twinkies we lose a part of American Culture. We lose our youth. (We lose a few pounds as well).

http://www.cnbc.com/id/49842074
Print the post Back To Top
Author: eatenbybears Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1837069 of 1960435
Subject: Re: Goodbye Twinkies? Date: 11/15/2012 3:24 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
All part of the Obama Liberal plan .....

Soon ... you cant buy Twinkies ....

Best make your gun purchases ASAP since the gun manufacturers will most likley close like Hostess under the Obama secret plans

Bears

Author: cjb44 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1837090 of 1960435
Subject: Re: Goodbye Twinkies? Date: 11/15/2012 3:44 PM
I think the death of the Twinkie was an untended consequence. They didn't want the twinkie to die...but it was bound to happen.

Why not just move the Twinkie Plant to a Right to Work State that isn't held hostage to Union demands?

Author: eatenbybears Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1837092 of 1960435
Subject: Re: Goodbye Twinkies? Date: 11/15/2012 3:52 PM
It's not just Twinkies.

The Liberal press is doing it's best to cover up the reality and extent of the loss

Twinkies
Cupcakes
Donettes
Ho Hos
Ding Dongs
Suzy Q's
Mini Muffins
Sno Balls
Zingers
Fruit Pie
Chocodiles
Coffee Cakes
Sweet Rolls
Honey Buns
Hostess Danish

One day soon, you will go to a vending machine and all that will be there will be Army Surplus MREs

Bears

Author: cjb44 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1837099 of 1960435
Subject: Re: Goodbye Twinkies? Date: 11/15/2012 4:00 PM
Now I'm just hungry....

Author: eatenbybears Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1837100 of 1960435
Subject: Re: Goodbye Twinkies? Date: 11/15/2012 4:02 PM
Now I'm just hungry....

Two more hours and under Obama's rule, the only snack food will be "Melba Toast"

Bears

Author: WuLong Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1837114 of 1960435
Subject: Re: Goodbye Twinkies? Date: 11/15/2012 4:26 PM
This is NOT the first time through bankruptcy for this company.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hostess_Brands

Twinkies et al will not cease to exist.
It's like saying that there were no more Oreos after Nabisco was sold.

Author: markand4504 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1837117 of 1960435
Subject: Re: Goodbye Twinkies? Date: 11/15/2012 4:31 PM
It's not just Twinkies.

The Liberal press is doing it's best to cover up the reality and extent of the loss

------------------------------------------------------------------
We aren't going to lose Twinkies. We didn't lose Delta Airlines. We wouldn't have lost GM. Usually the only thing lost in bankruptcy is the impossible dream of 35 years of paid fishing and golf for retired steering-wheel-bolter-on-guy.

Mark

Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1837122 of 1960435
Subject: Re: Goodbye Twinkies? Date: 11/15/2012 4:36 PM
One day soon, you will go to a vending machine and all that will be there will be Army Surplus MREs

Bears

i think the lack of any recs proves Michelle is definitely not a member of the Fool

Author: eatenbybears Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1837136 of 1960435
Subject: Re: Goodbye Twinkies? Date: 11/15/2012 5:01 PM
Twinkies et al will not cease to exist.
It's like saying that there were no more Oreos after Nabisco was sold.

I believe Hostess became available for purchase after the Jan 2012 decision

There have been no takers for the stickey mess.

Be prepared for future use of the following line from Hostess

"the company said it "is not competitive, primarily due to legacy pension and medical benefit obligations and restrictive work rules."

Bears

Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1837139 of 1960435
Subject: Re: Goodbye Twinkies? Date: 11/15/2012 5:03 PM
Be prepared for future use of the following line from Hostess

"the company said it "is not competitive, primarily due to legacy pension and medical benefit obligations and restrictive work rules."

Bears

Of course you will have to search long an hard to find that statement, though the obvious truth will be out in the media everywhere

Due to the Republicans refusing to compromise another American company has been driven into bankruptcy.

Author: eatenbybears Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1837140 of 1960435
Subject: Re: Goodbye Twinkies? Date: 11/15/2012 5:08 PM
Well, it is after 5:00 PM

Done Deal?

http://www.bakeryandsnacks.com/Financial/Hostess-Brands-late...

Bears

Author: MetroChick Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1837145 of 1960435
Subject: Re: Goodbye Twinkies? Date: 11/15/2012 5:17 PM
Recommendations: 3
Obviously this is the fault once again of us slutty single women, who aren't eating Twinkies because we won't fit into our huchie mini-skirts if we do, and aren't giving birth to a passel of brats to buy Twinkies for.

Author: WuLong Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1837259 of 1960435
Subject: Re: Goodbye Twinkies? Date: 11/15/2012 10:21 PM
There have been no takers for the stickey mess.
There is a difference between buying Hostess and buying the portfolio of products owned by Hostess.
It is entirely possible to buy their brands, recipes, and processes without also buying their bakeries and workforce.
Twinkie et al will no doubt be sold and made elsewhere.

Author: markand4504 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1837260 of 1960435
Subject: Re: Goodbye Twinkies? Date: 11/15/2012 10:25 PM
There is a difference between buying Hostess and buying the portfolio of products owned by Hostess.
It is entirely possible to buy their brands, recipes, and processes without also buying their bakeries and workforce.
Twinkie et al will no doubt be sold and made elsewhere.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Not likely. The only thing that needed scraping was the si se puede worker demands.

Mark

Author: alstroemeria Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1837276 of 1960435
Subject: Re: Goodbye Twinkies? Date: 11/16/2012 5:40 AM
retired steering-wheel-bolter-on-guy

You love to make fun of what other people do for a living. So what do you do that's so superior?

FULL DISCLOSURE
Most recently I babysat for my grandson for his first 17 months. Before that, I was a technical writer & editor in the software business for many years. Before that, a glorified secretary/technical illustrator/desktop publisher/receptionist/clerk-typist. Before that, a SAHM. Before that, a variety of min-wage jobs including nurse's aide, insurance rater, governess. And I've done volunteer work at hospitals.

Author: StockGoddess Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1837447 of 1960435
Subject: Re: Goodbye Twinkies? Date: 11/16/2012 2:15 PM
Recommendations: 1
The perfect mix of sugar and unpronounceable chemical compounds.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (17) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement