Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (20) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: Rocannon Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 5069  
Subject: Re: OT: Rocannon Date: 3/17/2004 4:22 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
GoodHindSite,

Of course there is more to my investment thesis than just science.

I do not doubt this!

I look for companies that I think can reasonably go up 5 times with protection on the downside.

I am also looking for big winners (isn't everyone?).

But my intuition says to have a good sized position as I think I'm going to need several vacation homes

Need them? Really, what for?

Check Remi Barbier's holdings

I tend not to put too much emphasis on insider holdings. Especially with execs, they can have huge egos... it will lead them to do the most nonsensical things with money. Sometimes their behavior is well-founded, other times not. It's a data point, I agree.

There's a wimp out strategy also out there

Well, I do not hold PTIE. When I first found out about them (one of your posts), the price was at around $6 or so, and in the past year it was down to $2... I can rarely bring myself to buy stock that has risen so much in the past year (this is one of the problems that I had with SKYT as well, but I took a chance and it paid off). My instinct is to look for something that's currently beaten down, and PTIE does not look beaten down at the moment - I think I missed that ride. I have to put some trust in my methods and instincts, as they have worked pretty well for me so far. But it's interesting to look at from a purely hypothetical view. I would like to get a better feel for pharma and biotech, both areas of interest with potentially huge rewards.

Rocannon
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (20) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Post of the Day:
Apple

Wal-Mart Nixes Apple Pay
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement