Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: Goofyhoofy Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 2374  
Subject: Re: Where are you guys? Date: 7/27/2002 9:15 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Goofy,
As a campground owner, may I reply?
You are a nice guy AND you need to complain to the campground host or owner!

I would have if it continued. As it turns out, they were loud, their kids were louder - but then kids are. The next night the kids were in bed by 9, the adults sat out on the picnic table til about 11, and then peace reigned, ah, blessed peace. They set up a badminton game on their side, and the birdie bonked our bus a couple of times, but heck, I remember being 13 and not exactly in control of the racket myself.

I appreciate the nonsense that campground owners must go through; I can't tell you how many times I've come into a site and found a load of garbage in a fire ring - and know that you can't inspect every fire ring 10 minutes after somebody leaves - or, well, you know the litany of abuses far better than I.

So we just try to get along, and hope that when I start my generator at 3:30AM or drive off with one of your picnic tables you don't get too cranky <grin>

Goofy
who saw a campground in Gatlinburg rated 10-10-10 that he wouldn't have given a "7" to.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Apple

Apple and Ninety Years Ago
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement