Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Gordogato: "Can you "roll over" a UTMA account into something different for a minor?"

2gifts wrote an excellent response.

Nonetheless, I want to add/clarify one thing, based on your use of "roll over" in the question.

When you buy and sell in an UTMA account you will create taxable events, like in your own personal accounts (and unlike IRA accounts).

Regards, JAFO
Print the post  


Paying For School Guide
Trying to Tackle Tuition? The Motley Fool's Guide to Paying for School will help you fight those rising education costs.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.