UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: goruck One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 160  
Subject: goruck's favorite stocks Date: 11/3/1999 10:11 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
I am just going to take this opportunity to share the views of a youthful urologist who has a major interest in tech.

I am going to just describe my favorite stocks (all of which i hold) and this can be a jumping point for questions..etc....sadly, many are not biotech, but i will list a couple at the end that i am starting to follow that may be of interest to those here.

cisco--backbone of the net

microsoft--needs no introduction

qualcomm---cdma, future gorilla bet

jdsu--another future gorilla bet...used to do medical lasers believe it or not, but now they are kicking a-- and taking names later...fiber optics...high margins...monopoly

amgen---this company is a rule breaker, but i believe they are a maker...epo and neupo provide steady inflow of cash...they have much cash, no debt, and strong management...you see, when they take a near term beating, which is the case lately (ie earnings announcment came with the caveat of declining epo/neupo market growth rates), they become a great buy. b/c of the large horde of cash and steady stream of money, they are able to pound into r and d, or buy rights to new drugs as they did with abarelix....the future is bright here

armhy--nasdaq listed adr..they are a british company...serious gorilla contender...intellectual property play in microprocessor market of imbedded technologies...cell phones, cars, will even be in dog's skin in thailand (ha..inside joke for armed faithful)

ebay--no inventory, hi margin...will follow the growth of the internet.

broadcom--monopoly on chips to cable modems, dsl, and even satellite growth of internet delivery...yet another possible future gorilla....

what are gorillas you ask? a term from a nice tech investing book called "the gorilla game"; good principles listed in this book.

my favorite investing book is rule breakers, rule makers however....they helped this poor gu resident equal his salary this year.

i hope i can pique some interest in one of my favorite companies for some doc out there, just as someone did for me.

my ones i am interested in to look into for the future:
medi, hgsi, conexant, biogen

hope i gave someone something interesting to look into.
i do my dd and look for rule breakers...nothing less.

gbr
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Economic Implications of Cuba
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement