Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: medgoddess Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 3162  
Subject: Got around to seeing it. Date: 7/20/2011 7:10 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
Possible spoilers (who am I kidding, we've all read the series).

Saw it in 2-D. It was fine that way...although I could see the scenes where 3-D would have made it even more exciting (e.g. entering Gringotts).

Follows the book for the most part, except the end battle - I thought JKR wrote the ending well for staging, but they changed it. Tonally, emotionally, is very true to the book.

Very wisely eliminated much of shell cottage planning. Breaking into Gringotts - definitely exciting and amusing watching Helena Bonham Carter play Hermione playing Bellatrix.

Meeting Aberforth and Ariana was close to the book, albeit abridged. The entrance into Hogwarts was changed, but not necessarily in a bad way. I can see why it was filmed this way instead of how originally written.

McGonagall kicks arse. The first phase of the battle is amazing to watch. Harry discovers the diadem slightly differently than in the book, but this way actually makes more sense. Ron and Hermione destroy the cup. The kiss, ***THE KISS***, is in private. I haven't figured out if I like it better or worse that way.

Snape's death is not in the Shrieking Shack, but otherwise is close to the book. Alan Rickman is so damn cool. And The Prince's Tale scene that follows follows the book. And packs the wallop expected.

I admit, I bawled at the Resurrection Stone scene. I did when I read the book as well, so take that as it may be.

The Forbidden Forest scene was so brief. But the final battle was wildly different from the book. In the book, the final showdown is between Harry and Voldemort in public...the movie completely changed it (even throwing in a line about it being the just two of them).

Epilogue was pointless.

Overall, I enjoyed the movie.

Kristi
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Medallion Financial: TAXI!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement