UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: woodymw Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 346  
Subject: Governor's Race Date: 4/6/2005 3:24 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Randall, I guess we are hard people to get ahold of, huh?

This governor's race is starting to look fantastic. I'm interested in the Republican primary....are you hearing anything up there? What I'm hearing is that the Republicans up there will mostly be supporting Asa, and down here will mostly be supporting Rockefeller. Which, as far as I can see, means Asa probably wins. Anyway - anybody hearing anything different up there?

Not to mention - is Mike Beebe gonna run, and can he beat either of them?

Matthew

By the way, it really sucks that I'm not gonna be here for this race. I'll get to vote, but not watch. Oh, well.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: trekker One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 316 of 346
Subject: Re: Governor's Race Date: 4/9/2005 4:05 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
The feeling from a Democrat in Little Rock is that Beebe would wipe the floor with Asa but may have a fight against Rockefeller money. So, of course, we are cheering for Asa.

Author: woodymw Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 317 of 346
Subject: Re: Governor's Race Date: 4/10/2005 1:09 AM
Recommendations: 0
The feeling from a Democrat in Little Rock is that Beebe would wipe the floor with Asa but may have a fight against Rockefeller money. So, of course, we are cheering for Asa.

OUTSTANDING!!!!!

Honestly, I think the money is going to be there either way, though. The Republicans are not going to want to part with this this governorship, and I think they'll find the money to spend no matter who the candidate is.

And, from a politician standpoint, I think Asa is a stronger candidate. He is more accomplished, more polished....its hard to describe, but I think he's got that personality that just wins elections.

Of course, I think Beebe is gonna beat either one of them. I sure hope so.

Matthew

Author: carcrash7 Two stars, 250 posts CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 318 of 346
Subject: Re: Governor's Race Date: 4/10/2005 11:58 AM
Hooray, non-Huckabee! Hey, do you guys think Huckabee will sign into law
this outdoor open container law I've been hearing about.

Author: woodymw Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 319 of 346
Subject: Re: Governor's Race Date: 4/10/2005 4:31 PM
Haven't heard about it - basically says no open containers outdoors? He'll sign it if it gets to him.

Author: carcrash7 Two stars, 250 posts CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 320 of 346
Subject: Re: Governor's Race Date: 4/10/2005 6:35 PM
No, it's to allow open containers outdoors. Shocked a lot of people that it passed. Bartenders in Fayetteville aren't happy about it.

Author: FarscapeDVDinJAN Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 321 of 346
Subject: Re: Governor's Race Date: 4/12/2005 7:11 PM
Recommendations: 1
You mean now I can wander around Dickson St with my frozen margarita, rather than having to stay in the cage? WooHoo!

:D

Author: carcrash7 Two stars, 250 posts CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 322 of 346
Subject: Re: Governor's Race Date: 4/12/2005 11:46 PM
That's the plan as I understand it. Dickson street, downtown Little Rock and Hot Springs and maybe some others.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement