UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: cherrylittle Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 16  
Subject: Grand Cayman account Date: 5/7/2007 11:18 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Several people lately have told me to open an account in Switzerland or Grand Caymen because I will be getting a divorce soon. I travel a great deal, mostly in Canada and Mexico, but would have to stop if divorced to stay home with special needs children. Never saw this comming.All credit cards are in my name, All properties are in our names jointly, but financed by his parents.My lawyer said this is bad-- we never write checks, just hand them cash every time we sell some cattle. One of the properties is a small ranch we have built up in another county. The cattle and horses are not registered to anyone, my in-laws are 90 and keep their cattle there also-rent free. I noticed my husband was selling off some investments,stocks,tools guns,and farm equipment,even our 65 Superbeetle Conv. He seems to be ready to split. When I ask him where the money is,, He says he had to give to his parents,and pay for large improvements at ranch. I found a receipt for 30,000. in an account I did not know about in his name only. The lawyer said the in-laws would claim we did not pay and change the properties to their name long before the divorce could go thru. ,and I would need cash enough for all bills for 6 months. I usually have only 500. in my account average. I could get some cash to stash away, but do not know where to hide it. Is there such a thing as an international brockerage account I could hold stocks in that couldn't be found during a divorce? Help! Any suggestions?
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: PKnudsen Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4 of 16
Subject: Re: Grand Cayman account Date: 5/8/2007 12:17 AM
Recommendations: 0
Not sure what this has to do with thinkorswim, but anyway, you need a good lawyer. Since apparently big money is involved, look for a real shark. It'll be worth it.

And it might be a good idea to kick Hubby out of the house. Sooner rather than later.

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement