UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (11) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: PosFCF Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 46802  
Subject: Grandma Sue Date: 3/14/2004 9:44 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 70
A member of the FC family was dealt a severe blow today.

GrandpaRalph called me this afternoon and informed me that GrandmaSue had passed on this morning.

He was far more gracious and together than I would have been....or was... when I heard the news.

I didn't get the privilege of knowing her very well, we had just met the one time, for about an hour or so.

What I perceived during that time was a comfortable loving relationship between the two. Sue was so full of living (they were just in their way back from a cruise with some friends when we met at the airport). She was kind and interesting and interested. The kind of woman it would be easy to be friends with.

I don't do this kind of thing very well, I don't have the skills.

My heart and my condolences go out to you my friend, but I wish there was more I could do to help you walk this path. If you need to talk, about anything, you can call me, anytime.....anytime.

I hope the FC gathers together in support of GrandpaRalph in these most difficult times. I hope that the thoughts and love and wisdom and compassion will shine through your posts and reach the man and help his spirit through the grief to the eventual healing.

He didn't ask me to do this. In fact, he's probably a bit pissed at me, and embarassed as he strikes me as a private man when troubled. But I thought it best at times like these that friends come out in support of friends, because it is through sharing the pain that the bonds are strengthened.

PosFCF
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (11) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

2013 Feste Award Voting Begins!
Who will win the 2013 Feste Award? Vote now for the Fool that most exemplifies the Fool Community mission of Learning Together!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Tax Strategies

TMFPMarti-Feeling Good
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement