No. of Recommendations: 1
I heard this program today on NPR. It really did the best job of explaining where the problems are with SOPA and why it is boiling over. The main problem from what I can tell is that the bill was written by lobbyists and the technology companies say they didn't know what they were doing. Count me surprised. Not.

If you want to hear it, there is a 'Listen to this Show" button on the top--not a short program, but worth it if you are interested in this issue. If you are not interested, I am amazed since it could affect your ability to move freely around the internet.

SOPA, Internet Piracy And Power
Clash of titans over Internet piracy and power. Wikipedia goes dark in protest. We’ll look at the big debate.
http://onpoint.wbur.org/2012/01/18/sopa

Critics of the legislation say it takes a full cannonade to a narrow piracy problem. That it threatens to sink Internet freedom and innovation under censorship and firewalls. It’s a battle royal.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement