UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: readyteddy Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 130  
Subject: Great Fall in DC Date: 10/11/2007 2:27 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
Wish more people hung out here.

Just wanted to let the lurkers know the National Gallery of Art in Washington DC is currently featuring the largest exhibit of Turner's paintings ever shown in the US. Great stuff, and it makes up for missing the Turners at the Tate London in June, when they were all being packed up for shipment here!

Just as good is the major show of Hoppers at the East Wing. Tell me Automat isn't the saddest painting ever made.

Both these shows are "must sees". Having seen them twice, I am off to Italy and the Uffizi.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: AlisonWonderland Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 115 of 130
Subject: Re: Great Fall in DC Date: 10/11/2007 5:11 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Also, there will be exhibits at the Corcoran of photgraphs by Ansel Adams and Annie Liebovitz.

Both these shows are "must sees".

Planning to see them soon.

~~ Alison

Author: readyteddy Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 116 of 130
Subject: Re: Great Fall in DC Date: 11/6/2007 8:07 AM
Recommendations: 1
The Impressionists by the Sea exhibit at the Phillips is wonderful. Well worth seeing.

Author: AlisonWonderland Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 117 of 130
Subject: Re: Great Fall in DC Date: 11/6/2007 8:21 AM
Recommendations: 0
The Impressionists by the Sea exhibit at the Phillips is wonderful. Well worth seeing.

Thanks for the reminder -- it's on my list!

~~ Alison

Author: readyteddy Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 118 of 130
Subject: Re: Great Fall in DC Date: 11/30/2007 7:33 PM
The Hirshorn...

...Morris Lewis

Must see. Spectacular.

Author: AlisonWonderland Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 119 of 130
Subject: Re: Great Fall in DC Date: 11/30/2007 9:41 PM
Must see. Spectacular.

Thanks for another rec -- Much appreciated!

~~ Alison

Author: AlisonWonderland Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 126 of 130
Subject: Re: Great Fall in DC Date: 1/22/2008 6:10 PM

One of the best shows I've seen in a long while!

~~ Alison

Author: readyteddy Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 127 of 130
Subject: Re: Great Fall in DC Date: 1/28/2008 4:32 PM
Very nice!

BTW, I finally made it to the Barnes in Philadelphia over the holidays. Outrageous! What a greatr collection.

http://www.barnesfoundation.org/h_main.html

Author: AlisonWonderland Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 128 of 130
Subject: Re: Great Fall in DC Date: 1/30/2008 12:05 AM
I finally made it to the Barnes in Philadelphia over the holidays. Outrageous! What a great collection.

Some years ago, there was an exhibit at the National Gallery (East, I think) of quite a few items from the Barnes. It was a lovely exhibit, but it caused quite a brouhaha since nothing is supposed to leave the Barnes itself.

~~ Alison

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement