No. of Recommendations: 28
These FAQs are great!

Thanks!
Wendy
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
Thanks Wnedy. Second time seems to be the charm, and I sent the link to Richard and asked him to do his thing. Keep fingers crossed.
No. of Recommendations: 6
Helluvajob! Readers having edits, changes, additions, deletions or just general bitches are invited to keep them to themselves or submit complete changed FAQ pages to the board for approval, rather than asking (demanding?) that Loki do still more work on their part.
Helluvajob!

Hedge,

Are you recommending me for a job with FEMA?

I did just dig out what the city snow plow hath wraught.
I did just dig out what the city snow plow hath wraught.

Thrppppt! I just dug out 2 feet of snow on my sidewalks, and I have to somehow get to the post office before it closes! You aren't the only one who enjoyed a blizzard last night. :)

Hedge
Would a wiki be an appropriate place to suggest/discuss edits?
Would a wiki be an appropriate place to suggest/discuss edits?

I don't know what would be the best procedure to fix FAQs, or simply to keep them up to date (I found yesterday that the Savings Bond tax link to the Treasury I thought I'd checked previously was obsolete and substituted the current link). But things like this are always works in progress, and one of the good things about the digital age is it is much easier to keep things current that should be kept current (as opposed to erasing history, which is bad).

I would definitely suggest we set up some procedure for collecting changes, so they don't get forgotten, then someone (else) can take responsibility for periodically editing them into the appropriate sub-part of the FAQs and requesting that edited version of the sub-part be substituted for the existing link in the official FAQ.
Loki,

Thanks for all the hard work you have done. I'm in Vienna right now and I will be flying to India on Sunday and then back to the US the following Sunday. With all that travel, I like to have lots of things to read...and this FAQ seems like a good fit. I have saved the whole thing onto my computer and look forward to reading it all...some for the first time, some the second, and a few portions I think I have read 3-4 times already.

Thanks again.

Acme
I'm in Vienna right now and I will be flying to India on Sunday and then back to the US the following Sunday. With all that travel, I like to have lots of things to read...and this FAQ seems like a good fit.

Wouldn't a trashy book be preferable?
I'm in Vienna right now and I will be flying to India on Sunday and then back to the US the following Sunday. With all that travel, I like to have lots of things to read...and this FAQ seems like a good fit.

He can read FAQ section on junk bonds.

Paul

Hehe...I have some mindless stuff to read as well. But I find I become lethargic if I only read mindless stuff. So I mix things together. And with 7 nights in an apartment in India with no internet access and only CNN World (great, but highly repetitive), I'll need lots of things to read!

Acme
No offense intended......But, you don't get out much do you......;o)

But I find I become lethargic if I only read mindless stuff. So I mix things together. And with 7 nights in an apartment in India with no internet access and only CNN World (great, but highly repetitive), I'll need lots of things to read!
Acme

KBM (reading an FAQ on Bonds - in India - would not be my own first choice.....LOL)

I would think a nice dip in the Ganges or other sacred river would be good karma.
I would think a nice dip in the Ganges or other sacred river would be good karma.

But very bad hygiene. The Ganges is very polluted. Dead bodies floating in it and such.

I get out too much...that's the problem...

KBM (reading an FAQ on Bonds - in India - would not be my own first choice.....LOL)

What else are you going to do at 4 in the morning when you cannot sleep because your body says it is 7:30pm? Not to mention the 24 hour flight...

Acme
Advertisement