Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: GrumpyOldGuy Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 8992  
Subject: Great show or major screw up? Date: 6/9/2012 3:18 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Brilliant move or major bad news for some or all of this group. We'll know for sure Friday afternoon. Either way, the crowds following this group will get their moneys worth.

On Thursday, the USGA released the pairings for the second major, and wouldn't you know it, it gave golf fans an early Christmas present in the form of a Tiger Woods, Phil Mickelson, Bubba Watson "pairing" — they tee off on Thursday at 10:33 a.m. ET, and 4:18 p.m. ET on Friday.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/golf-devil-ball-golf/tiger-woo...
Print the post Back To Top
Author: whambam65 Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 8869 of 8992
Subject: Re: Great show or major screw up? Date: 6/9/2012 3:25 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Brilliant move or major bad news for some or all of this group. We'll know for sure Friday afternoon. Either way, the crowds following this group will get their moneys worth.

History teaches us that putting certain pairings together can be detrimental to their game and therefore the tournament.

Both Jack and Arnie despaired of the number of times they got paired together for TV and played awful. It's not just getting round the golf course in a reasonable time because of the bringing together of thousands of fans but also because they would ruin their scores trying to out-slug one another.

That's going to be one slow 3 ball and the crowds will not get thier monies worth. They wont see anything 10 deep and what they do see will quite likely be poor.

I think the organisers ought to know better.

Author: lorenzo2 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 8870 of 8992
Subject: Re: Great show or major screw up? Date: 6/10/2012 11:36 PM
Recommendations: 2
The USGA has a history of doing funny pairings. This year, we have:

- Tiger Woods/Phil Mickelson/Bubba Watson - the big name group

- Luke Donald/Rory McIlroy/Lee Westwood - the top-3 in the world group

- K.J. Choi/Y.E. Yang/K.T. Kim - the Korean group

- Carl Pettersson/Charl Schwartzel/Charles Howell III - the Charles group

- Robert Karlsson/Bob Estes/Robert Rock - the Bob group

- Gonzalo Fernandez-Castano, Sang-Moon Bae, Rafael Cabrera-Bello - the hyphen group

Lorenzo

Author: RunTex Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 8871 of 8992
Subject: Re: Great show or major screw up? Date: 6/12/2012 7:07 AM
I hope to see some great golf on a tough course this week! These pairings should be fun to watch!
RT

Author: NevadaGolfer Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 8872 of 8992
Subject: Re: Great show or major screw up? Date: 6/14/2012 10:41 PM
Recommendations: 1
I believe Kevin Na is playing in the group ahead of Tiger/Phil/Bubba so there shouldn't be much problem keeping up with the group ahead of them.

Author: PSUEngineer Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 8873 of 8992
Subject: Re: Great show or major screw up? Date: 6/15/2012 4:36 PM
Colt Knost/Michael Thompson

Knost beats Thompson in 2007 US Amateur at The Olympic Club.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement