Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: fifthdimension Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 294  
Subject: great week for GAC Date: 4/16/1999 7:20 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Anyone still own GAC?

After spending the last few weeks in the doldrums of the lower
40s, Gulfstream stock suddenly took off this week, with a final gain
of 2 7/8 today to 49 15/16. glad I bought some monday. I think
much of the rise can be attributed to Boeing's great earnings
report, but I will take it however it comes.

Earnings to be released 4-19-99. According to Yahoo, the average
estimate is $0.76 per share.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: wolfeman Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 275 of 294
Subject: Re: great week for GAC Date: 4/16/1999 9:47 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
The chart shows a perfect double bottom. This could be our run to $60. I meant to double up at $40 for a short trade into earnings, but never did. Dang! Dang! Dang!

The way this stock goes up and down, it makes a nice stock to trade around your core holding. I've been trying too hard to nail the exact bottom. I won't be so picky next time. Next fall will probable find support aroung $50.

wolfeman

Author: CottonPicker Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 276 of 294
Subject: Re: great week for GAC Date: 4/16/1999 10:58 PM
<Earnings to be released 4-19-99. According to Yahoo, the average estimate is $0.76 per share.>

Since I asked the question several posts back, what is going on with GAC, and I didn't get any real answers, but GAC has decided to move up. I sent an email to GAC investor relations asking some questions, no answer back, but GAC has moved up. Several weeks back GAC was the only thing I had down. Now GAC is going up and all my other TECHs is going down. What a roller coaster?

From http://www.earningswhispers.com , the whisper no. is $.79 over estimates of $.76, may be this will get GAC above my buy in at $52.

12 Month EPS:$3.00, PE Ratio:15.7, Scheduled Report Date:4/16/99, Last Quarter's EPS:$0.87, Consensus Estimated EPS:$0.76, Whisper Number:$0.79

Cottonpicker

Author: wolfeman Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 277 of 294
Subject: Re: great week for GAC Date: 4/17/1999 6:28 AM
Since I asked the question several posts back, what is going on with GAC, and I didn't get any real answers, but GAC has decided to move up. I sent an email to GAC investor relations asking some questions, no answer back, but GAC has moved up. Several weeks back GAC was the only thing I had down. Now GAC is going up and all my other TECHs is going down. What a roller coaster?

CottorPicker:

It is impossible to know when and exactly why a stock moves as it does. I'm sure investor relations does not have the answers even if they could comment on stock price moves. GAC is an industrial and cannot move up as fast as a tech company. It will only pay in conjunction with it's growth. It will always have a pretty low PE since this type of business can only grow so fast. GAC is moving as fast as a manufacturer of large capital goods can go.

Further, each stock seems to have it's own caracteristic patterns. GAC sometimes moves in sympathy with BA or the transports even though it has little in common with those markets. It's just when investors think of airplanes, they remember GAC. Also, early in the quarter, the financial results are not as certain as they are later in the period. That is why many stocks languish after earnings and run up to the day the news is made public. A clearer picture and more certainty assures investors of a good quarter. GAC tends to behave in this manner. You can count the airplanes produced and get a good idea how successful the quarter will be.

During the last week, lots of money has rotated out of the techs and other leaders and flowed into more mundane companies with good earnings and valuations. There was a rush out of high PE stocks into prosperous value issues. GAC is one of those.

These are just guesses. A company that is doing a good job and improving their revenues and earnings will go up. It is hard to know when and what will trigger the action. As long as you have companies that are successful, they will go up in price. You may have to wait, but it will happen.

Author: ccsmith Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 278 of 294
Subject: Re: great week for GAC Date: 4/17/1999 2:37 PM
You're all welcome. The price rise is entirely my doing.

You see, I was forced to sell off my GAC shares three weeks ago to raise money for an unexpected expense my emergency fund wouldn't cover.

(Sigh) So it goes.

Now, I'll just start saving my pennies again. See you all when I raise enough cash to buy back in.

Keep the GIV's and GV's flyin' high while I'm away.

Creighton

Author: wolfeman Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 279 of 294
Subject: Re: great week for GAC Date: 4/17/1999 10:16 PM
Creighton:

Sorry to hear of your bad luck. Hope the only damage is money.

Best wishes,

wolfeman

Author: Richby45orBust Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 280 of 294
Subject: Re: great week for GAC Date: 4/19/1999 5:52 PM
Thank you.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement