Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: HOGridin Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 2482  
Subject: Green Bay sees Kerry in White House Date: 11/1/2004 3:35 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
The NFL's Green Bay Packers provided the final nail in the Gee Duba-ya #43 Presidential term coffin.

Seems that every year the Washington Redskins win the home game preceeding the election, the incumbent party wins the race. If they loose, the challenger party is elected.

The streak started in 1933 when the Boston Braves were renamed the Redskins. Since then, beginning with Franklin Roosevelt's re-election in 1936, the trend has held including the 2000 Redskins loss to Tennessee that predicted Gee Dubya as number 43 in the White House over Al Bore.

Green Bay beat Washington Sunday 28-14.

I am HOGr and I approve of this message.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: rinjr715 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2464 of 2482
Subject: Re: Green Bay sees Kerry in White House Date: 11/1/2004 6:12 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
Effin' Packers. If they gave a crap about this country they should have thrown the game.

Author: JimZipCode Big funky green star, 20000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2465 of 2482
Subject: Re: Green Bay sees Kerry in White House Date: 11/1/2004 8:04 PM
Recommendations: 0
Packers. If they gave a crap about this country they should have thrown the game.

Fortunately they cared enough to get the win on the road and that moron out of the White House.

Author: rinjr715 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2466 of 2482
Subject: Re: Green Bay sees Kerry in White House Date: 11/1/2004 10:41 PM
Recommendations: 2
I think history will show which is the bigger moron. At any rate, now that the Pack screwed up the works, I hope Bush tuns this into yet another reversed curse.

Author: JimZipCode Big funky green star, 20000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2467 of 2482
Subject: Re: Green Bay sees Kerry in White House Date: 11/1/2004 11:19 PM
Recommendations: 4
I think history will show which is the bigger moron.

I meant to say, "that lying moron".

yet another reversed curse.

In a year that the Sawx win the World Series, who knows what can happen?

So I guess we're both pretty opinionated. One thing we might be able to agree on: I hope this election doesn't prove as divisive as the last one. For one thing, it would be nice if the electoral college winner and the popular vote winner were the same guy. For another, it would be nice if the margin didn't come down to disputed votes and hanging chads and court decisions and so forth. I'd like an election with a clear result, and for us to move on workiing toward the good of the country.

Author: rinjr715 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2468 of 2482
Subject: Re: Green Bay sees Kerry in White House Date: 11/2/2004 12:52 AM
Recommendations: 1
Agreed on the clear result. I think the mindless hatred that has been displayed on both sides shows that this election is already more divisive than the last one, and the last thing we need is a long drawn out series of recounts and court fights to make us all hate each other even more.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement