Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: kungfuBBQ Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 401  
Subject: Green Spot Whiskey Date: 2/20/2007 5:41 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Greetings.

I bought a couple bottles of Green Spot Irish Whiskey on my last trip to London. I haven't been able to find anywhere in the U.S. where it is sold. Can anyone help me find a retailer in the U.S. that sells the stuff? I tried to email the producer but there were errors in the email address.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: feedmeNOWhuman Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 147 of 401
Subject: Re: Green Spot Whiskey Date: 2/21/2007 12:22 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
http://www.bbr.com/US/shopping/delivery.lml?ID=5NZ2B7KX600001N

Best I could find after checking several pages of google results. They at least deliver wine worldwide. Looks like the stuff is hard to find.

Author: feedmeNOWhuman Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 148 of 401
Subject: Re: Green Spot Whiskey Date: 2/21/2007 12:22 AM
http://www.bbr.com/US/db/producer/7548/Green-Spot?ID=null

Author: sazeracked One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 149 of 401
Subject: Re: Green Spot Whiskey Date: 2/21/2007 3:14 PM
My experience: the best way to get any special drink from Europe (I like some Dutch gins, for instance) is to either travel yourself or to make friends with someeone who travels a lot. This strategy not only improves your circle of friends, it makes you stretch out your bottles.

Bokma Gin, anyone? I have no idea how to get it here, but it's to be had in nearly all the duty-free shops in Europe.

Best to you,

Saz

Author: kungfuBBQ Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 150 of 401
Subject: Re: Green Spot Whiskey Date: 2/22/2007 11:46 AM
Anyone planning a trip to the U.K.?

;)

Author: eaglehaslanded Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 156 of 401
Subject: Re: Green Spot Whiskey Date: 3/6/2007 12:19 PM
Recommendations: 1
This strategy not only improves your circle of friends, it makes you stretch out your bottles.

Any strategy that makes you stretch out your bottles is inherently flawed.

Author: feedmeNOWhuman Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 182 of 401
Subject: Re: Green Spot Whiskey Date: 4/22/2007 8:54 PM
I bought a copy of Malt Advocate magazine, and on p 16 it says that Mitchell's and Son, owners of Green Spot, have closed their Dublin location and have relocated. Both the company and the whiskey will go on, and the article says Green Spot *may* be exported to the US, though the quantity of 1500 cases per year will not increase.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement