UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Lokicious Big gold star, 5000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 35387  
Subject: Greenspan still in state of da Nile Date: 2/12/2009 4:18 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
http://dealbook.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/02/12/greenspan-says-...

Apparently nobody knew there was a ticking time bomb (except all the people who were issuing warnings and had been since derivatives of derivatives of derivatives were invented. Just because no one listened to Cassandra doesn't mean she wasn't right and nobody knew. (And the people who did know were not cranks, just not people saying what Greenspan wanted to be told).
Print the post Back To Top
Author: pauleckler Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 25960 of 35387
Subject: Re: Greenspan still in state of da Nile Date: 2/12/2009 4:37 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
I still think Greenspan would have tried to arrange a soft landing (by promptly cutting interest rates) and jawboning down "excessive exuberance."

Bernanke is the one who got taken in and decided to listen to "old money" who don't like the competition. Bernanke did not even try for a soft landing. So we will never know if another Greenspan rescue would have worked. Fire and brimstone is the order of the day. Let the sinners roast in hell (and let the rest of us suffer through it all).

I think Jim Cramer is right. Bernanke dropped the ball.

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement