No. of Recommendations: 0
Greetings, Beonice, and welcome. You asked:

. I recently
incorporated an S-corporation. I was
under the impression that "small businesses"
are allowed to have Keogh or money-purchase
plans. But, now that I am reading the
descriptions of each more carefully, I
notice that they seem to assume that a
small business is one that is either a
sole proprietorship or partnership. Doesn't
an S-corp. qualify as a small business?
Especially as I am the sole owner/director/employee
of my corporation?

You may set up a SEP, SIMPLE, defined benefit or defined contribution (401k, money purchase, profit sharing) plan for your corporation if you otherwise meet the criteria for doing so. Many providers among the mutual fund families and brokerages would be most happy to take your money and establish a plan for you. If you're not sure what to use, you might engage the services of a fee-only Certified Financial Planner in your area who specializes in retirement planning for small business owners. There are many who do.

Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.