Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: byrchaos Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 633  
Subject: Re: Any europeans out there? Date: 9/18/2006 11:29 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Greetings Carl,

Walmart recently pulled up it's stakes here in Germany. It bought out a German firm called Wertkauf (1998 time frame) and attempted to establish itself here. After many lawsuits and underselling allegations / litigation, it finally stated it will sell out to another firm.

ING - I don't keep up with banking per say, but I wanted to diverisfy a bit and am a member of the Stuttgarter Aktien Klub and it was what they term a "fallen angel". I bought it beaten down and it is up 65% since I acquired it two years ago. (good dividend)

AEGON - is another beaten down stock in the insurance sector. They give a decent dividend and offer stocks instead of cash, which I take advantage of. They do a lot of private retirement account / insurance and I've also done well with them.

Solarworld is a German company and I am un over 2,000%. I have taken my original investment out with some of my capital gain, but the bulk of the stock is still sitting, waiting for the next solar wave. As long as solar energy is subisdized here in Germany, the stock should do well. They have now obtained contracts in Asia, USA, Spain as well as other European countries. You'll find it listed in the "Tech DAX".

One of my new purchases is Wire Card (German). Their web site is www.wirecard.de. They remind me of paychex. The company works with securing internet transactions and is doing well. They are about to be taken into the TECH DAX here in Germany.

Cheers,
Byrchaos
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement