No. of Recommendations: 0
Greetings, Dabob, and welcome.

<<What are some examples of ways kids could get legit ("close to legit?") income - besides working at a burger stand at 16/17? In another post someone mentioned the kid would need a W2 (maybe 1099?). My kids are young - but wouldn't it be great to start a Roth for them... They don't have the temperament to be child models.

Any creative folks out there figured this one out?>>

There are exceptions, but it requires the parents to do all sorts or weird records keeping and filings of SS and estimated taxes, etc. The surest way is a regular job. That way the IRS knows for a fact the money was "earned" through employment. I'm sure the tax board can give you some ideas of what it takes in the absence of a W-2 or 1099.


Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.