No. of Recommendations: 0
Greetings, Dan, and welcome. You asked:

<<I am a college student with no income(well, starting a paid intern next month), am I eligible to set up a ROTH IRA?>>

If you have earned income from work, then yes. Otherwise, no. You may make a contribution to a traditional or a Roth IRA only from earned income that derinves from employment. It is limited to the lesser of your actual pay for the year or $2K. If the money you make as a paid intern is actually wages reportable for income taxes purposes via a Form W-2, then you can make a contribution based on those wages.

Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.