No. of Recommendations: 0
Greetings, Darishka, and welcome. You asked:

<<I would like to transfer funds from a regular IRA to a Roth IRA, and I would like to find out if I do the transfer before April 15, 2000 if it will count for the 1999 tax year or the 2000 tax year.>>

If you convert your traditional IRA to a Roth IRA now, then it will be a conversion for the 2000 tax-year. The deadline for 1999 conversions was 12/31/99. Only annual contributions for 1999 may be made through 4/17/00.

Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.