Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: FoolTools Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 13  
Subject: Greetings, Fool! Date: 3/28/1998 6:12 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Welcome to The Motley Fool Message Boards, we're glad you're here. These boards are the place to talk about all of the stocks in your portfolio, to make new friends, and to learn about investing with Fools from all four corners of the globe. If you have questions about how to use the message boards, click the 'Help' link. If, after checking the help area, you have additional questions, comments, or concerns, please drop us a note at FoolBoards@fool.com.

We'd like to thank those who requested that a folder be opened for this stock. It's our pleasure to facilitate your discussion. As always, we at the Fool are looking for ways to improve your experience here, so if you find the boards a bit difficult to manage let us know.

Remember that a discussion board is like a garden. You have to take care of it in order for it to grow into something incredible. So, take care of this folder as if it were your own. Just go easy on the fertilizer. :)

Again, welcome, thanks for joining us, and have fun!

Thanks.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: andydee One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2 of 13
Subject: Re: Greetings, Fool! Date: 3/29/1998 8:08 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Hey! Talk about Serendipity!

I just got an investor package from this VERY interesting company in Texas. It coame to me as a suggestion from a very reliable source. I've only begun to read through the package, which consists of the last 5 AR's a couple of 10Q's a 10K, a half dozen Press Releases and a Proxy. So far, so Good.

I like companies that have a big percentage of insider ownership, have a combined ratio of less than 100, and grow their Book Value at double digit rates.

Anybody out there an owner? Anybody got any strong feelings about this company?

Andy Dee

Author: viognier Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3 of 13
Subject: Re: Greetings, Fool! Date: 4/12/1998 1:16 PM
My husband works for this company and part of his compensation is in stock. Needless to say, if you've done your homework (and it appears that you have) we've done well over the past 10 years. Management is experienced and steady yet always looking ahead. To date we have not sold any of our stock, indeed we plan to hold on to it for the foreseeable future. Good luck
with your investment choices!

Author: mefooljtoo Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4 of 13
Subject: Re: Greetings, Fool! Date: 5/4/1998 11:46 AM
Assuming we're talking about the same "basically" insurance, go for it!! Big time! Up until 2 days ago when it slid down 5 pts. I had made well over 100% on my investment. Got the hint from my son who worked there 3 yrs. ago. Bought in right after they split at l3 something and this is the lst time it fell in 3 yrs.To me it's gonna be an ira, I think.

Author: PopcornFreddy Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 11 of 13
Subject: Re: Greetings, Fool! Date: 4/7/2000 11:44 AM
I do work for UICI or I should say I'm an independent contractor for one of their insurance divisions in a management position. A lot of good things have happen with this company in the past. Ron Jenson has kind of stepped aside for Greg Mutz who is now in charge. However you better believe Ron is still mainly in charge. After their first dip in price which brought the stock from around 24 down to 11, it shot right back up. But now because of the second dip it will take longer to go back up. Wall Street isn't so eager to forgive them this time.

Bottom line the stock is way under valued at 6-10/share. It will go up... just don't know how long. I enjoy it at this low price since I get way more shares going into my stock program for the dollar!

L8r

Author: alexag Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 12 of 13
Subject: Re: Greetings, Fool! Date: 4/14/2000 5:02 AM
The full extent of the damage caused by the Credit Service Division of UICI is still not known! What about the management, how does a $100,000,000 credit card bad debt go so unnoticed? Is it all Phillip Gray's fault? Should we forgive everyone else, I think not. This is a major blunder that UICI will pay back for years too come!

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement