No. of Recommendations: 0
Greetings, Jim, and welcome. You asked:

Does anyone know of any regulations that would prevent my rolling my UK fund into a US IRA?

An IRA may accept rollovers or transfers only from retirement plans that are qualified for U.S. taxation purposes. Your pension plan from the U.K. almost certainly does not qualify for that purpose unless it is a plan subject to U.S. laws and its distributions are subject to U.S. income taxes. For details on plans that are eligible for rollover/transfer to an IRA, see IRS Pub 575, Pension and Annuity Income, available for download at

Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.