Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Greetings, Jswifty, and welcome. You wrote:

<<My wife has a TSA( Is that a timeshare annuity?) which is retirement program for non-profit organizations. Does anyone know if we could roll that over into something different.? Brokerage account or no load fund, without payng taxes.>>

A tax sheltered annuity (TSA) is an annuity purchased within a 403b plan. You will find a discussion of that in my Foolish Retirement Plan Primer available in our Retirement area at . A 403b plan may be invested in only annuities and/or mutual funds, and such contributions may not be used to purchase individual securities such as stocks and bonds. Additionally, while still employed in the job that provides the 403b, your wife's ability to move those funds is extremely limited. The best she could possibly do is move the money to what's called a 403b(7) account with a mutual fund family that accepts 403b money. If her employer makes a matching contribution of any kind, then she won't even be able to that. Additionally, if she actually has an annuity, then there are other issues involved such as surrender fees for terminating the annuity contract to move the money elsewhere. That issue would have to be examined carefully prior to moving any money as well.

Print the post  


When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.