No. of Recommendations: 0
Greetings, Kaycelou, and welcome. You wrote:

<<that's a mouthful...converted all of my iras to roth iras in '98. question: can i roll over a cash roth ira (about $8,500 at my credit union...long story) into another roth ira (Van Kampen Pace Fund)? read that rollover contributions have to remain of the same type??? can i convert the cash to stock in the roth to roth rollover?

i'm a new fool, so i'll check on the index funds and the pace fund...maybe i need to convert the cash roth to a new roth altogether with new stocks, if i can.
didn't find this addressed in your series on roths.>>

If that money is in a Roth at your credit union, you may have it transferred to another Roth IRA at a broker of your choice. Once it's there, you may trade in stocks at will. If you want to stick with mutual funds, just have it transferred to a Roth IRA with the fund of your choice. Either way, all you have to do is contact the broker/fund and they will tell you how to get it done.

Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.