Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Greetings, Mayku, and welcome. You asked:

<<MY parents are over age 72 and are drawing SS benefits. They also are self-employed, drawing wages and paying Social Security taxes on their wages. Do the Social Security taxes they pay increase their benefits?>>

I'm not certain the SSA recomputes the benefit of those over the age of 70, but it might. If so, then the benefit could increase, but the only way that would happen is if the annual earnings are higher than any of the 35 years of work used to compute the present benefit. The resulting increase almost certainly would be negligible (i.e., less than $10 to $20 per month).

Print the post  


When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.