No. of Recommendations: 0
Greetings, MoFoGeorge, and welcome.

<< I have an idea that involves my employer's Wise 401K plan (read sub-par returns and no matching contributions) but I'm not sure it's possible. If I contribute a portion of my salary into this 401K, can I then periodically (monthly, quarterly, or annually) transfer the balance into a conduit IRA, or is the option to transfer the balance into an IRA available only upon termination of employment?>>

Your benefits administrator can tell you what in-service distributions man be made from your 401k plan. In general, though, you can't get at that money again until you leave your job by quitting, getting fired, retiring, or expiring. I don't recommend the latter.

Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.